Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Encounter

It was the day before yesterday when her double cream single sugared coffee spilled all over my newly baught white lacoste shirt. "Sherly", I yelled across the hall, "come here I need to ask you something". Of course she wasn't just going to come over, she had been standing in the cafe line for almost 10 minutes waiting to buy her morning coffee, so I waited. "I think I'm finally going to ask her to the dance", I told my friend Steve, who was standing beside me to see if he had a chance with Sherly's best friend. "She better hurry up" Steve said, "I need to get to accounting". Finally it was that time, and she came out the exit door of the cafeteria. She looked so beautiful in her blue jeans and her plain white t, her simplicity is what attracted me. We make eye contact, we walk closer, and closer, and closer, "Sherly, look out!" And just like that, a fallen over "wet floor" sign caused her to fling foward as I attempted to dive and make a Hasselhoff saving situation out of it. Needless to say, we colided heads and I gave her a type 2 concussion. We never talked after that, she didn't remember who I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment